Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where should I get a HUD settlement statement for a home I own that is signed and executed?

I am needing some paperwork for my home and it is asking for a copy of the HUD Settlement Statement that is signed, dated and fully executed from the Closing. I am looking at my packet closing documents from that day and, while I have a copy of the settlement statement, it is NOT signed, dated and fully executed.





Should I have received this at closing? Or at another time? And from whom should I have received this? The lawyer? I'm just trying to figure out where else to look for this.|||Where did you close escrow? At a title company or escrow office? They will have a copy of the HUD1. If an attorney did it, then they would have a copy as would any realtor involved. The HUD is two pages and is usually on the top of the closing packet. They aren't signed and I just looked up the form online which doesn't even have a signature line. There is a date at the top under (I, Settlement Date) which is the date of closing. So the form you have sounds like the A. settlement statement.





Fully executed just means that it was used at closing. There isn't anything stamped. You get the packet at closing from the escrow agent, attorney or title company.|||You got it at closing.


Called a RESPA or HUD-1. It's a long sheet with several columns showing the entire transaction between seller and buyer and new lender. Closer brought it in, and lawyer should have gone over it with you. Everyone signed it.|||You will need to get that HUD statement signed and dated, since it was apparently not done at closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment