Thursday, December 15, 2011

Access - how can I write an if statement testing two conditions?

I want to write an if statement testing two conditions.





In particular I want to say:


if date 1%26lt;DATE OR date 2%26lt;DATE


then field 4 = xx


else field 4 = yy





How can I write that in access (SQL)?





Thanks.|||Access doesn't use the CASE stucture, but there are a couple of alternatives, SWITCH or IIF. The latter is probably appropriate for your situation.





field4 = IIF(date1 %26lt; DATE OR date2 %26lt; DATE, xx, yy)|||You can use CASE expression in SQL:





Select case when (date 1%26lt;DATE OR date 2%26lt;DATE) then 'xx' else 'yy' end as [4]


from MyTable





In Access you can use IIF function.





IIF((date 1%26lt;DATE OR date 2%26lt;DATE),'xx','yy')|||I think it's translated into two update statements


it should look like





Update TableName


Set field4 = xx


where (date1%26lt; DATE) OR (date2 %26lt; DATE)





Update TableName


Set field4 = yy


where (date1%26gt;= DATE) AND (date2 %26gt;= DATE)|||its


-----------


if


else if


else


----------------


try that, it works for me in javascript...

No comments:

Post a Comment