Thursday, December 15, 2011

If you pay off the bill completely before the credit card statement comes, are you charged for interest?

I wanted to get a credit card for gas (the speedpass one with Mobil), but the interest is freaking 25% or something crazy like that. If my due date was the 30th of the month (say statements coming on the 15th). If I used it, and paid it off completely every month before the statement was issued (in this case the 15th), would I be charged for interest?|||maybe if they don't process it before it's due.





better to get a debit card that works off a check account.|||no





but with another card, if you take money, then you owe interest from the day it's posted, until the day they get their money|||Every credit card has a grace period on their cards varying from 20 to 30 days. If you pay before that time period, then you will not get charged interest.|||No you wouldnt owe any interest. The only time you owe interest on a credit card is when you carry over a balance from one month to the next|||Yes, they will try to! Even when paid by phone...Sometimes if you call, they will remove it... They do it to me all the time! One tried to collect a 1.22.... I just threw it away


All of them were paid before the grace period, Maybe it was just the credit cards I had.........

No comments:

Post a Comment