Thursday, December 15, 2011

What happens if I don't pay my balance by the due date?

I got a new credit card about 6 weeks ago %26amp; was suppose to get my statement a couple weeks ago. Due to the post office strike that lasted 2 weeks, I just got my statement in the mail today. The due date for my balance was July 4, 2011.





What will happen? Also, if this goes on my credit report, how long will it show on there?|||It will not be on your credit report unless you pay later than 30 days PAST the due date.





Just send in the payment. They will charge you a late fee %26amp; it will be included on your next statement.|||Phone the credit card company and tell them what occurred. They will not mark it down but you'd know that you called. Submit your payment immediately and back date the check and put a note in there that you had the money but there was a post office strike. Then when your next statement comes out see if you were billed a late fee. If so then give the bank another call...say you called them, wrote a note, and there was a post office strike and you're asking for that late charge to be removed. They "should" remove the late fee. Of course all companies aren't the same but I asked that of the one I deal with and they said it's not considered late on your credit report unless three months have passed.|||You will be charged a late fee and your late payment will be recorded on your credit report. You could have logged online to get your statement or even called to make sure you would not be late, you can not blame this one on a strike. You can expect it to be on there at least a couple of years.|||You will have to pay a late fee. It will only go on your credit report if you are 30+ days late and then it would be on there for 7.5 YEARS. So keep that in mind during your youth. One stupid act can haunt you for a long long time!!!|||call the customer service number on the bill

No comments:

Post a Comment