Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is a signed statement from a neighbor admissible in court?

There were false allegations of abuse against my son and husband in regards to our two younger children. I am still fighting to prove the allegations false. In the meantime, my daughter (middle child) was removed from the home and given to her biological father. He lives in a one bedroom apt where there are 3 - 4 adutls living. My daughter sleeps on a loveseat .In court her father lied about the number of people living in his home. He has since admitted to me that at least one other person besides him and his wife live there however, he could always lie and say he never said. If I were able to get at least two of his neighbors to sign a statement that says "from this date to this date I have observed 3-4 adults living in apt X" would those statements be admissible in court?|||Only if they are notarized by a note of republic!|||i would have a witness to the signatures, preferably a neutral party so as not to make it seem like a dog fight.|||Yes, just give them to your lawyer. Also your lawyer might want to interview the people who wrote the letters for you and maybe even have them subpoenaed to court, depending on the severity of the case. Also make sure whatever letters you get to use in court are notarized by a notary-public.

No comments:

Post a Comment