Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it just me, or are movies the worst first date choice?

This is partially to give a word of sage advice, and partially to see if others think the same way.





Here's my stance on the issue: Movies are an awful choice for a first date because you don't actually get to know your date, you just sit there awkwardly next to them.





Please, discuss, I'd be interested to know why people continue to go to movies as a first date, the aforementioned statement being true.|||I, personally, hate going to movies on any date. A date is supposed to be time spent with your date, not staring at a movie screen. But, for more shy people, going to the movies is perfect. You spend time together without speaking. Its lame, but it works for some people.|||I think people choose this form of a first date because they are already uncomfortable with a potential budding relationship. I find that sad, because I too agree that sitting there next to someone you obviously long to get to know better is a lousy way to get to know them.





In fact, I've been married to my husband for several years and we've only been to a movie twice. Both of us agree that we'd much rather be conversing with one another, learning about each other's likes/dislikes than wasting 90 minutes not nurturing the relationship further...

No comments:

Post a Comment