Thursday, December 15, 2011

How would you format a statement of purpose letter to a graduate program?

By format, I mean, what should the final result look like? Where should I place my name? Should I title it? Should I date it? How long should it be? Thus far, it is formatted as follows, with my name as header:





Henry Bellfry





Statement of Purpose





Text is here. Blah blah blah. It continues like this for about 2 pages then stops.





***If you are unsure of your answer, please do not respond to this question.|||Use a clear and concise format. Don't ramble, but rather be specific. Include reasons you want to study in your chosen field, what makes you an ideal candidate, and why this school is the one school you want to study in. Include things like what you see yourself doing after completing the program, and how you might be able to contribute to the learning community and environment at this school during your program of study.





The way you started your format (above) is just right unless they give you a format with your admissions application packet.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment