Thursday, December 15, 2011

I made a statement in court...is there any way the judge wont use it at the next court date?

It was a court date for my dad.I have gone to all of his court dates and once again it was continued.I asked the judge if he had the attorneys contact info so I could call him and find out what was going on..because at this time I didnt know they decided to continue it again and I basically said Im tired of coming to court and nothing happening.I really would rather the judge didnt use my statement in court..I didnt know he was going to make it an official statement or anything but I dont want it being used...is there anything I can do?|||Without knowing more about your case and what exactly happened, I can't tell you for sure. But, since it isn't evidence-related, the judge probably won't use it in the technical since. However, you may have ticked the judge off by saying what you did and hurt your dad's case, depending on the circumstances. It's never wise to tick off the judge.





I don't know for sure, like I said - would need to know more about what's going on than you have described.|||If it was on record, anyone is free to use it. The only way to avoid it is to get it stricken from the record and that's going to cost you lots of court time and money. And even then, you're chances are pretty slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment